Do you have a solid following with great interaction? You could become an Instagram influencer, it’s honestly not that hard. But before you dive right in, how much do Instagram influencers really make? Could you live off selfies with a few product placements?
How do influencers get paid?
Instagram is not like other apps and websites where influencers or content creators are paid by the platform. For example with YouTube you don’t have to do anything special as YouTube arrange the advertising before and during your videos and you share in the revenue based on the views your video receives. With Instagram, influencers must organise their own content sponsorship by reaching out and connecting directly with brands and businesses. There are some marketplaces for this (www.intellifluence.com, www.influencity.com, www.heepsy.com) but you will have to do the legwork and close your own deal!
Rates vary widely by brand & your social reach
Probably the most important factor that will determine how much you can potentially earn as an Instagram influencer is, what you are promoting. The second most important factor is what is you influencer reach. How many Instagram users can you influence? This is easy to figure out based on your account following, engagement and other metrics.
So what is Instagram influencer pay like?
- A micro Instagram influencer with between 10k and 50k followers can charge around $100 or more for a story
- A macro Instagram influencer with over 200k followers can charge over $1000 for a story
- Some Instagram influencers work on a formula of $100 per every 10k followers
Here are some more specific circumstances and numbers;
A sustainability influencer and “ethical blogger” based in Los Angeles with 12,000 followers
- In-feed photo(s): $500 to $650
- Instagram Story: $100 to $250
- Instagram Reel: $750 to $850
A lifestyle influencer / blogger based in Chicago with 25,000 followers
- On average, her rate for a “sponsored bundle” on Instagram starts at about $1,000 she said, which typically includes a blog post, Instagram post and a few Instagram Stories.
An African American fashion influencer / blogger with 70,000 followers
- She said after being in the space for a while, she now charges somewhere around $1,500 to $2,000 for an Instagram post and story. She said that was about an average rate for someone with her follower count, but she knows influencers with similar follower counts who’ve charged upward of $3,000 for a post.
Is being an Instagram influencer for you?
What do you think? Could you give up your day job and create you own unique personal brand to convince brands and businesses to pay you as an Instagram influencer?
Maybe you can!